Self-Care Guide: How to Cure Neck Pain Fast at Home in Easy Ways
Post Date: 27 January 2023
A primary cause of neck pain or cervical pain is a compressed nerve, which is very common. It is also known as a pinched nerve, which can be caused due to several reasons like disc degeneration and other degenerated discs. In most cases, the pain subsides after a few days, but sometimes it lasts for weeks or months, depending on the severity of your condition. If you are suffering from chronic cervical pain, then here are some simple home remedies that will help you get relief from this condition, however before jumping on to the cure for a pinched nerve in the neck, let’s learn about the causes of cervical radiculopathy:
- Herniated disc: Herniated disc is the most common cause of cervical pain. You can treat this condition conservatively.
- Cervical spondylosis is another common cause of cervical pain and may require surgery if you continue to experience severe discomfort despite treatment with medications and physical therapy.
- Degenerative changes: As the disks in the spine age, they lose height and begin to bulge. The disk also loses water content, begins to dry out, and becomes stiffer. As a result, it can cause the settling or collapse of the disk spaces and the loss of disk space height, known as bone spurs. In addition, it can contribute to the spine’s stiffening, narrowing the spinal column’s opening where the nerve root exists and getting compressed.
You can reduce the risk of cervical pain or neck pain by following these tips:
- Maintain a straight posture, avoiding awkward positions and repetitive movements. Avoid putting pressure on your neck when you’re seated for long periods by keeping your shoulders relaxed and letting them fall against the backrest of your chair. A good chair should provide adequate support for lower back pain and neck strain.
- Maintaining an ideal weight is one of the most important things you can do to reduce your risk of cervical pain and disc degeneration. Reduce calorie intake by eating fewer calories or substituting healthier foods with fewer calories. Increase exercise and change your workout routine to be more strenuous than usual. If you need to get used to exercising regularly, start with short bursts of activity, like walking for 30 minutes every day, before increasing the duration over time as you feel comfortable doing so.
How to cure neck pain fast at home?
If you are looking to learn how to cure neck pain fast at home, here are some treatment options:
- You can use a cervical collar; these are typically recommended only as part of an overall approach to managing your condition, including physical therapy and other therapies targeted at improving mobility. You need to use cervical collars with caution. If you have metal implants under your skin, you should probably avoid them.
- Moreover, you can also practice massage at home with the help of massage devices, ultrasound, or cervical wands. They can help relax the inflamed nerve, eventually reducing your pain.
- You can take over-the-counter medications for temporary pain relief, such as ibuprofen, and naproxen can relieve nerve irritation or inflammation. Moreover, you can also receive a corticosteroid injection to subside swelling around the nerve.
A pinched nerve is one of the most common causes of neck and back pain. Cervical pain is so common that it can affect anyone at any time. However, now you know how to treat nerve pain in the neck and ways to reduce the risk of cervical radiculopathy. It is better to start as soon as possible!